Welcome to the The Saratoga Lake Protection and Improvement District (SLPID) website on SLPID.org.
Saratoga lake 2018 treatment
Saratoga lake aquatic weed harvestersThe aquatic weed harvesting program is to allow boating access to the deeper water areas of the lake and not for in shore use. This is for several reasons
- New York State Department Of Environmental Conservation Fisheries Manager have requested that harvesting be minimized when ever possible to preserve fish habitat.
- Operating the harvesters in between the docks is difficult, this puts the harvesters at risk as well as private property for damage.
- Working near shore puts the harvester and operator at risk due to submerged pipe lines, old dock debris, and the risk of hitting docks or boats is great. Harvesting is for boating access, only to clear paths. Areas in front of and in between docks, boats, moored boats, swim docks and shoreline are the land owners responsibility.
- The harvesters stay away from all personal property.
- Harvesting in between docks may happen but it has to be limited and in response to a specific problem and the harvesters are in the area. In the same way that the fire department would pump out a property that has flooded.
- The SLPID board expresses the focus of the harvesting program has to be for access to deep water and cannot for in shore personal use.
Saratoga Lake Level by USGS navd 1929
SLPID/Saratoga Lake Level
Municipalities located wholly or partly within the watershed: